When you need a Michigan car accident lawyer, you need an attorney with the experience, skill, resources and proven results to fight for you and to protect you. That’s exactly what you get with the attorneys at Michigan Auto Law. We specialize in auto crash injury and wrongful death cases. We have more than 50 years of experience recovering record-breaking automobile crash settlements and trial verdicts for our clients. In fact, we have recovered more million dollar settlements and trial verdicts on behalf of our clients than any other attorney or law firm in the state.
The success of our Michigan car accident lawyers means we can often settle injury cases faster and for significantly more money for the people we help. This is all done with a commitment of caring and communication and a reputation for the highest integrity within the legal profession. We are also the most awarded automobile crash attorneys in the state.
In fact, our law firm has consistently been named by independent third-parties as being among the “Best Lawyers” and “Best Law Firms” in not just in the state, but throughout the entire U.S. We also have more attorneys ranked as “Super Lawyers” than any other personal injury law firm in the state, including two attorneys ranked among the top 50 attorneys in the state, in a review of over 60,000 attorneys of all areas of practice.
While we appreciate the recognition, legal honors, and awards, what’s more important are the reasons behind why we receive them: we work harder to help our clients and their families get through what is likely one of the most difficult, emotional and stressful experiences in their lives, and we do it with caring, compassion and communication. These recognition and legal awards simply reflect the hard work and caring that we put into helping you make the best legal recovery possible if you’ve been hurt in a crash.
Our mission is simple: we aim to be the very best Michigan car accident lawyers every single year. That means not just recovering the highest settlements and trial verdicts for our clients. It means treating every person we help with dignity, respect, compassion and caring. It means working incredibly hard and marshaling all of our experience, skill and dedication and grit to get our clients the best possible results. Call us for a free consultation. We are here to help.
How Our Michigan Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Our Michigan car accident lawyers specialize in helping people who have been injured in motor vehicle crashes. We help people from all over the state who have been injured and our proven results are better than any other personal injury attorney or law firm in the state.
We make sure you understand 100% of your legal rights after a collision. Our Michigan car accident lawyers are here to assist and help you with all aspects of your claim, including:
- Ensuring that you are receiving all of the No-Fault insurance benefits you are entitled to
- Investigating and verifying all of the insurance and coverage that may be involved in your case
- Getting you the best possible settlement as quickly as possible, which includes future economic loss and pain and suffering compensation that you’re entitled to under the law
Why Do I Need a Michigan Car Accident Lawyer?
If you are injured in an automobile crash in the state, you will need a Michigan car accident lawyer to help you. An experienced Michigan car accident lawyer can protect your legal rights to collect wage loss and get your medical bills paid for under our state’s auto No-Fault insurance law. The state’s No-Fault insurance law is complex and can present many traps for the unwary. That’s why having a skilled Michigan car accident lawyer from our law firm is so important. Take for example giving “notice” after an automobile crash. If you’re injured in an automobile crash and you don’t file your application for No-Fault benefits in time, you may end up forfeiting all of your No-Fault PIP benefits forever under our strict one-year statute of limitations. The same applies if you do not submit and make sure an expensive medical bill is paid within one year of the date incurred. Or consider if you were injured by a hit-and-run driver, or involved in a crash with a driver who it later turns out to be driving uninsured. Failing to comply with the “notice” requirements in your own “uninsured motorist” policy can mean your policy will be voided and you lose the ability to recover compensation for your injuries and losses, leaving you with nothing – or worse yet, leaving you with lots of expensive medical bills to pay out of pocket and no insurance to pay for needed medical care and treatment in your future.
Traps for the unwary also exist when it comes to your claims adjuster from your own auto insurance company. Did you know that the Supreme Court in this state has ruled that your own claims adjuster doesn’t have to share what you are legally entitled to with you? They can also ask you to sign a release right after your crash, basically asking you to sign away your rights to future No-Fault benefits and injury compensation.
An experienced Michigan car accident lawyer from our firm can help you and protect you. We can make sure you receive everything you are entitled to after a crash from your own insurance company and from the insurance company of the negligent driver who caused your injuries. That’s why it’s so important to call us and have a free consultation with an experienced Michigan car accident lawyer from our firm immediately after a motor vehicle crash in which you or a loved one are injured.
Top Settlements For Crashes In The State
Our attorneys continue to break records for the Top Settlements for crashes in the state. We’ve recovered the top jury verdict in multiple counties for a auto crash injury case. Here are just a few examples of our recent settlements:
- $34.5 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten secured the largest-reported truck settlement in the U.S. This is the largest ever truck injury settlement by an attorney in the state.
- $13.5 Million – We settled a case for a victim in a truck crash who suffered major burn injuries.
- $9 Million – Attorney Steven Gursten obtained this recovery for a man who lost both of his legs in a rear-end truck collision. This was the largest pain and suffering only settlement in the state of the preceding decade.
- $7 Million – The parents of a young man who was killed by a speeding driver sued for his pain and suffering before he passed. This was the top reported settlement in the state that year. Notably, our attorneys were also able to recover an additional $4 million dollars in contribution over the insurance policy limits for the family.
- $6.2 million – Details about parties, injuries and insurers are confidential for this settlement.
- $5.65 Million – A jury awarded this amount to our client who had suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of being run over in a crash. This was largest reported crash verdict in Macomb County and in the state for the year.
- $5.1 Million – This wrongful death settlement in a rear-end collision case was the largest reported wrongful death settlement in Washtenaw County and the largest reported motor vehicle wrongful death settlement in the state for an individual killed in a crash in 2018.
- $520,000 – We successfully obtained the largest pain and suffering only verdict ever in Ottawa County in 2018 and the largest reported crash verdict on the west side of the state in 2018.
There is a reason why our law firm receives more referrals from attorneys for crashes than any other law firm in the state. We continue to win cases for our clients and their families, over and over again, helping make a difficult time easier with compassion and caring. Read more about the settlements our Michigan car accident lawyers get for our clients: Settlements and Verdicts